8.30.2005

Unintelligent meanderings

Well, I had something incredibly thought provoking to say. I thought of it while I was working today. I even thought to myself wow, two intelligent posts in as many days. But, alas, it was not meant to be because I forgot what was so memorable. I thought that if I started typing...haha. What I had been typing was "I though that if I started typing, then what I had been thinking would come back to me." Well, lucky for you, it did, right when I was typing that sentence. So, instead of reading something unintelligent, you will get to ponder over these next profound thoughts. A guy came into work today to get his usual coffee. He comes in a couple times a week. He lives just down the block. I over heard him talking one day (about the Twins, believe it or not) and I vaguely mentioned the conversation to my mom. She said she knew who I was talking about. She said he grew up as a really close friend of my uncle. Well, this guy came in today. I started with my customary greeting and then said "Is your name Joe?" (That is what my mom said it was.) He said that it was and we started talking about how he used to hang out with my uncle. He said he thought it was crazy, because he used to be really close to my uncle and then after high school, they just kind of separated. Oh, no, he said, I guess there were the couple years of college, when everyone came home for Thanksgiving. We still hung out then, but once we hit 25, that was it. He went on to ask about my family, where his old friend was now, and what about my other uncle? Doesn't he still live in Hutch? As Joe was getting his coffee he asked if I was still in school. I dutifully responded that I was going to be a Senior. "Oh, so you'll be going through that all this year, huh?" I hope not. Really. I know that hardly anyone ever stays friends after high school, but then what were all those years? I like the friends I have now. I want to keep them. Seriously.

3 comments:

Kaia said...

::feels loved::

LiveOutLoudReady?Go said...

i was talking to somebody the other week about this same topic... and she believes that the friends you make in high school and the relationships cultivated through those years are the ones you will cherish and remember forever... sure you'll meet new friends in college, and they may stay with you forever... but the ones that mean the most, the ones that have the most meaning, the ones who were with you through thick and thin... those are the friends you will remember, those are the friends you will cherish forever

Samantha said...

That was nice, Curt. I hope you're right.