8.03.2005

Colleges and how they keep sending my applications

I participated in Minnesota Private College week for a couple of reasons, one being the application fee waivers. For taking part I got four (4) fee waivers. If you don't know what that is (though, I am sure you do) it is when it doesn't cost you to apply. It usually cost about $40. Well, like I said I got four waivers that are good for any private college in Minnesota. To get these I had to visit three different colleges. Now, wouldn't it make since that I use the waivers for the colleges I visited? The thing is, now I don't have to. Two (2) of the colleges I visited have sent me applications with their own application fee waived. It was stamped right on the application. And one of the colleges sent me two (2!) applications, each with it's own fee waiver. What was the point of getting the fee waivers then? Now I have to find four colleges to send an application to that I didn't even visit just to use them. And they are non-transferable. So I can't give them to anyone else. Oh, well, I suppose I will manage.

1 comment:

Kaia said...

You'll never guess what my mom told me today.
Me: Argh! Aquinas has a really weird policy thing.
Mom: Really?
Me: Yeah, they'll pay for half your airfare to visit their school, only if you have applied to their school and been accepted and have never visited before.
Mom: You know, I was thinking...
Me: (uh-oh)
Mom: Maybe you should just apply to all these colleges now. Then you have more time to focus on scholarships.
Me: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So, unless my mom doesn't forget this fun idea, I have to start thinking about filling out applications now!