2.12.2006

Respect

I'm a pretty hard person to please. I have been thinking about this for a long time, and there aren't that many people that I really, truely respect. Respect is a meaningful thing to me. You have to earn it, I don't hand it out like candy. I'm a tough critic. My standards are high, but hard to define. I know them, and if you asked me if I respected someone, I could tell you with only a little hesitation, but I don't know if I could tell you on what critiria I judge. First of all, I know you have to be a person of morales, and intergrity. There are a lot of other things thought too. Actually, I don't even think in my eyes, I would deserve my own respect. Is it hypocritical to show someone respect, but not actually feel it? I try not to disrespect people, openly, unless I want them to know they are stupid, but many of the people I talk to and show respect to in my opinion don't deserve my it. Automatically people who are off my respect list are those that try to make others feel lower than themselves. Then there are people who think they know everything. Then, people who don't know anything. Also, those who are unwilling to trust someone, even though that person has given them no reason not to trust them. There is a bigger list, but I'm know you don't want to here it.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I know what you mean...