2.18.2006

Here are some of the things I was thinking about during my Political Science class today. Have fun...They are very random.

  • Ugh. The teacher is wearing a yellow shirt. I hate yellow.
  • The collar on his ugly yellow shirt is messed up.
  • Haha. He said people are stupid.
  • Audrey thinks that too.
  • Where did the phrase "rule of thumb" come from?
  • Hey, that guy is typing on his laptop.
  • I wonder if this room has wireless Internet.
  • Ugh. Now we learn about Gerrymandering.
  • That was a Knowledge Bowl questions yesterday.
  • Did we get that right?
  • That word reminds someone about money laundering.
  • Was if Kaia?
  • Maybe
  • His collar is still messed up.
  • Man, I'm tired.
  • Oh, jeez. My stomach just growled. I hope no one heard that.
  • The teacher sure says aught a lot.
  • How do you spell aught? Is it a-u-g-h-t? Like taught?
  • I think so.
  • Hey, he just kicked someone out of class.
  • Was it the boy with the computer?
  • No, it was the girl next to him.
  • I think she was on her cell phone.
  • Note to self: no text messaging in this class.
  • I wonder if he is going to give us out debate papers back.
  • Is the representative for my area still Brad Finstad?
  • How long has he been going?
  • Do I work at 1 or 2 today?
  • What about tomorrow?

2 comments:

Kaia said...

aught 1 |ôt| (also ought) archaic pronoun anything at all : know you aught of this fellow, young sir? ORIGIN Old English āwiht (see aye 2 , wight ).

ought 1 |ôt| modal verb ( 3rd sing. present and past ought ) [with infinitive ] 1 used to indicate duty or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions : they ought to respect the law | it ought not to be allowed. • used to indicate a desirable or expected state : he ought to be able to take the initiative. • used to give or ask advice : you ought to go. 2 used to indicate something that is probable : five minutes ought to be enough time. ORIGIN Old English āhte, past tense of āgan [owe] (see owe ).


And, no, Gerrymandering does not remind me of money laundering. I don't remember anyone saying that. There was a separate question that the answer was money laundering to though.

Samantha said...

Are you sure? If aught means should, or close to it, than naught means close to should not?