2.27.2006

Prison, or something like it.

Pretty sure I can't stand confinement. I was watching something about jails and things, and I think I would die if I ever got locked up. God forbid (please, please, God, forbid) I was in a car crash and someone died, and I was convicted of manslaughter and sent away to a prison for a few years. (That actually happened to someone my family knows.) The thing about prison is, it isn't the atmosphere that scares me. I mean, granted, hard core criminals are scary, and I'm sure it would be violent and unpleasant, but the scariest thing for me is the walls. I would drive myself insane with claustrophobia. I can't decide if it would be better or worse for me to be able to see the sky. Worse probably, because it would only taunt me with something I can't have. "Na-na-na-na-na," it would say. "Look at the clouds. Look at how they freely wisp by. To bad you're not free. Haha." I can definitely see myself getting very very angry. When I feel trapped animal instincts kick in. I would fight. Probably to the death. I think that is a good reason for me never to go to jail. I don't see how that penalty doesn't scare people. It is enough for me not to commit serious crimes.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

*drops head* You caught me.