9.22.2005

On being a Senior

With the good comes the bad, I guess.


On Classes:
What can I say? I am afraid to say they are kind of easy because I am sure they will get harder, but right now they are. Seriously, with my schedule, you'd think I would have mounds of homework every night, but I have barely had any homework all week. Oh, well, though, I am sure that time will come.

On Status:
Sweet! It is so nice being the top of the food chain. I like being able to say, "Pfft, I'm a Senior." and acting better than the Freshman. Seniority if very cool. Plus, teachers favor Seniors. I hated that when I was an underclassman, but now I savor it.

On Feeling:
In some ways I feel like a Senior, and in some ways I don't. Obviously I feel the pressure of impending college and the good things mentioned above, but I also feel more. At any given moment, actually most of the time when I am in the hallways, I think about how I viewed Seniors when I was in Younger grades. Elementary: Whoa! Those guys are so cool and really big. Higher Elementary: Wow, still cool, and big. I just want to grow up. Junior High: Wow, they are cool, hey, he is cute. Freshman: Stupid Seniors! Grr. Sophomore: They aren't as cool as they think they are. Junior: Wow, they seem so mature. Is my class ever going to grow up and be that mature? Well, now that I'm a Senior, that is what I think about. Do I live up to expectations set before us? Am I setting a good role model for the kids?

No comments: