9.05.2005

So it ends...so it begins

I wish I could have been a junior forever. That was a good year. Sure, a little stressful at times, but all around, it was fun. The classes were for the most part enjoyable, the people: the same. It was everything Senior year promises to be, without the pressure of planning for my future.

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Wake me up when September ends. I know that this year will not be all bad. In fact, I am looking forward to it. What I am not looking forward to is venturing out into the real world. The innocent can never last. Yeah, that is true. Boy, I never realized what high school was going to be like. I am a sheltered kid. I still want to hold on to my childhood. I didn't realize what I had while I had it. Now it is almost gone.

I solemnly swear that I am not going to let the pressure of society conform me into who they want. I will be my own person. I will stand up for my principles. I will succeed, but I will not become obsessed with success. I will not stress over the small things. I will try not to stress over the big things. I will not worry about my future. I will plan for it. I will not be single minded. I will look at the possibilities. I won't judge myself. I especially won't compare myself to other people. I will be myself. I will be a good friend, daughter and sister. I will trust and be trusted. I will show compasion. I will have faith. I will not be afraid. I will enjoy my last year of high school.

3 comments:

Kaia said...

quite a nice change from the last entry. and of course, a nice flame retardant temper tent tarp would greatly increase the enjoyablity of your senior year.

Kaia said...

now that you deleted the solicitor's comment, my comment looks really stupid!

Samantha said...

Yeah, it does.