7.14.2005

The ends of books...or...something

With the next installment for the much talked about HP series due in only about thirty hours, I have to confess some of my fears. Actually only one. Do you remember the end of LOTR? No, not the whole thing on Mount Doom, or the coronation thing, or even the little war in the Shire. I mean do you remember Frodo in the end? He is restless. His task is done, and now he doesn't know what to do. Maybe I am wrong but I didn't get the impression he was exactly happy. Well, with only one more HP book due out after this one, I am afraid that after Harry defeats You-Know-Who (yes, I believe good will win in the long run) that Harry will suffer the same as Frodo. He will, in a way, be kind of lost. I find that after I reread OotP I have become sort of emotionally attached to him (and for the record, it has happened to me with other books too, so I am not a HP freak). The same thing, though, with the other characters. I feel so sad when I think about Sirius as a kid Harry's age. So young and hansom, his whole future ahead of him. And then I think of how JK describes him after his little stay in prison, with his hollowed face, thinning hair, a shadow of good looks. That actually brings me to another point: I am dying for more back story...especially about James, Lily and Sirius...maybe a little bit for Dumbledore too. I guess, (unless you want me to go on and on (and on) about my thoughts on HP) I will leave with something my brother said when I told him HBP was only going to be about the size of SS: 'Man, I was looking forward to reading a nice long one.' Adios

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Dylan, your wierd.

Kaia said...

Yeah, Dylan, you are starting to scare me. What kind of person wants evil to triumph (except for evil itself?)