1.16.2005

Monotonous


I recently realized how high school is always the same. I walk through the same old doors in the morning, down the same dull gray hallways, past the same people, to the same unstimulating classes everyday. Nothing changes. The only reason it is even worth going is the few hallway conversations with my friends and the fact that if I don’t go it will be significantly harder to get a job so I can live on in this monotonous world. I came to this discovery when I went to the elementary school to teach the kindergarteners Spanish. The first noticeable difference between there and Monotonville is the color. The hallways are decorated with student artwork and it is all very cheery. The classrooms are also very colorful. The kids get to play with Lego’s, they play dress up, and they finger-paint! They can take naps, they get a snack break, and recess. It would be nice to be able to sleep undisturbed again during school. To top it off, the kids are innocent. They don’t know what the world is like. Once they hit middle school, they’ll be in for a surprise. It would be nice if kids could just stay little forever and not have to worry about growing up and dealing with the same old stuff.

No comments: