1.19.2005

Contagious

I think stress is. Really. I'm pretty laid back, I don't get to worked up about too many things. I have a busy life, but who dosen't? It's no reason to "get my knickers in a twist" like they say in England. Except that its finals time at my school, so everyone is stressed out. The teachers, the students, the parents who have to deal with their over-tired kids. Now, you may say 'why stress out about some dumb tests...it's not like it will make a break your grade.' I completly agree with you, except that it's harder than it sounds. A girl in my Spanish class almost started crying the other day becuase she was so stressed. Up until a few days ago I hadn't even thought about finals, but now, as I type this, I look at the clock and think to myself 'I should be in bed, I have finals tomorrow.' The only reason I'm thinking that is because the people around me are very tense and nervous and they have rubbed off on me, so now I'm stressed. Life would be easier without stress, I think. No pressure, right? Except then I think, with no pressure there would be no competition and with out competition no one would strive to be thier best. They would settle for what they are without even trying to be better. So I guess stress and pressure are good things, but I wish they didn't make everyone so uptight and crabby.

2 comments:

Kaia said...

yes, it is contagious like pink-eye! ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree, you should have been in bed by then...