10.23.2005

On changing perspectives

It is amazing how quickly and drastically my outlook on life changed. I am the first to admit that I sometimes beleive things I shouldn't, especially it there is a little bit of proof. For example, I woke up at about 2:30 on Friday night to the sound of my radio. I listen to my radio at night if I need to get up on time the next morning because I find that if I have something to concentrate on (such as the sound) I will stay awake, instead of falling back asleep and being late. So, anyway, what I woke up listening to was two guys talking about the end of the world. It was an interview with a guy who wrote some books about it. They were discussing the signs that the apocolypse is coming, especially noting the things going on in Isreal right now. I won't get into details, mostly because I can't remember them, but I was really scared. I, of coarse, will take into consideration that I was alone because my family was out of town and I was under considerable stress. I found that I was a lot less scared in the morning, in the light. But, considering recent events, and the shape of the world these day, I don't find it hard to beleive the end of the world is coming. If you live your life thinking this, it can really mess you up. These guys were talking about the seeven years of tribulation being just around the corner. Think about that. Seriously, why do anything? College, yeah okay, sure, but why? My knowledge will be useless. I guess I might as well, though, because if I build up a lot of debt, I won't have to pay it back. This realization really made me think. For a second i was mad at God. I don't want to die. I'm scared. But I also don't wan't to live in fear of the next disaster. I want to raise kids in a good place. I want to have a nice life. Thinking these things really made me scared. What if what I believe is wrong? Or what if it is right and I am living a bad life? What if I don't make the cut and am stuck in a living hell?

No comments: