11.07.2005

So...Morris...

It is nice and...rural. There is a large barn and a field, in case you want to bring your horse with you to college. That was a plus. I would have missed my horse, but now I can just bring it with me. Maybe I could ride into town on the weekends. It would actually be better to ride my horse, because cars go so fast and if I blinked, I might miss the town. It is half the size of good ol' NU. Seriously, though, for a public school it is nice. The dorms are small, the smallest I think I've seen, but what can you do? The study abroad program is as good as anywhere else...as is the theater, and the rest of the programs I would be interested in. Nothing really stood out. They were hospitable there, though. When I was sitting in on the Spanish class, the other Spanish professor came in and gave me a bunch of stuff, including a quick study thing and a DVD of a study abroad they had in Ecuador (at least, I think that is what it is, I haven't watched it yet). I wasn't given the overall feeling of a big family though, like I have felt at other schools. No one really was hanging out on the lawn or watching TV in the lounge area. Actually, they didn't hardly have a lounge area. But, anyway, like I said, overall it was nice, and it only smelled a little.

3 comments:

Kaia said...

Awww, I want to bring my horse to school with me. No fair! Did you figrue out how to change your blog, or does it just look different because I am using a different computer.

I guess I'll reply to your e-mails here. Do we have school that Monday after the Sunday. Audrey and I were thinking New Years' Eve because it is fun to do something together that day. But, I guess if it is really important that you work, we can do it Sunday. I don't know. Sunday would be more stressful for me, but I could make it work. We just need to figure it out soon, because I will most likely be getting my wisdom teeth out over Christmas break, but I need to make that appointment ASAP.

That sounds hypocritical, doesn't it? Sorry. That reply sounded harsher than I meant it too. We can talk in school.

Kaia said...

::cough:: Concordia happens to be ranked fifth in the nation for study abroad stuff, and I don't think St. Cloud is in that list. ::looks smug::

LiveOutLoudReady?Go said...

I toured Morris when I was searching for a school. I loved the campus, and everyone seemed to be friendly. I talked to an awesome Jamaican poli. sci. professor while I was there. The only thing I didn't like was that it was in the middle of nowhere.