2.06.2005

Aurora Borealis

I've decided that when I write in my blog I can be a little depressing and I some times have a "the whole world is against me" mindset. So this time I decided to tell you about my favorite thing in the universe. It's called the Aurora Borealis, informally known as the Northern Lights. The first (and so far only) time I saw them was this November. I was driving home with my brother, we were in the country, maybe 8 or 9 mile out of town, and we were driving down into a valley and all of a sudden I was them over a hill. It was the coolest thing I have seen to this day. The entire area was black, except for the stars and the beautiful streamers of color. I pulled off the road and we watched them for a while, except I think we were on private property, so we drove back into town. One of the perks of living in such a small town like me is that there isn't many lights, especially on the edge by my house, so I could still see them. They were green, pink, white and wonderful. I think that when I die I want someone to scatter my ashes under the northern lights. I could watch them forever, just laying in the snow, staring at the sky. It would be great. I'm going to go to Alaska or Canada, for the sole purpose of seeing them again.

No comments: