12.19.2007

Imagined conversations with people I haven't met.

Self: I really admire you for not crossing the picket lines...
Steve Carell: Thank you.

Self: Hey you're [Big Name] from [team, show, movie, band]
Famous Person: Why, yes, I am. Would you like my autograph?
Self: (long awkward pause, consider person) Would you like mine?

Self: Wow. You look exactly like I imagined you would.
A ghost (young, pretty, transparent but with pale color, kind of wispy): *stares*
Self: Can't you talk?
Ghost: *head shake*
Self: That sucks.
Ghost: *eye roll and brow raise that says "tell me about it."*
Self: *understanding nod and sympathetic smile*
Awkward silence...
Ghost: Boo!
Self: *jumps out of skin*
Self: Oh, hahaha
Self: *Inhales deeply and blows ghost away*

Edward Norton: What is your favorite role that I have played?
Self: Well, I really can't say...I haven't seen everything that you have been in.
Ed: Oh, I see. You are a very fair judger.
Self: Thank you.
Ed: Of what you HAVE seen, what is your favorite character?
Self: *pretends to ponder* The narrator from Fight Club.
Ed, incredulously: Really?
Self: Yep.
Ed: Why?
Self: I don't know. He is witty, sarcastic, clever, insane. It is a nice package. You play it well.
Ed: Hmph. Well, what is your favorite line that I say in the film.
Self: Well, I really like when you say "I'd like to thank the Academy." It cracks me up, every time. I also like all the Jack lines...
Brad: Hey! What is your favorite line that I say in the movie.
Self: "Oh, I get it."
Brad: Get what?
Self: No, that is my favorite line of yours.
Brad: What? I don't even remember saying that.
Self: It is in the beginning, when you and the narrator first meet. It is actually one of your only line that I remember clearly.
Brad: Oh. I can see I made a strong impression on you. Well, why do you like it?
Self: I don't know. I just like the way you say it.
Brad: Is Tyler your favorite character that I have played?
Self: No.
Brad: *waits*
Self: *Offers nothing*
Brad: Who is?
Self: I have never really thought about it, I guess. Nothing really sticks out.
Brad: That hurts.
Self: I'm sorry.

As you can see, I get bored at work and I have nothing but my mind to occupy me. More to come, probably.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

and this is how i know that you've watched Fight Club a million and one times. you could tell Brad that you like him in "Seven". haha.

Samantha said...

Twice. I've seen Fight Club twice. And I haven't watched any of the special features. :P