11.03.2009

Time Travel Theory

I thought I should update this once again, so I'm putting my time travel theory onto the internet for all to read. I don't have time to research and formulate a more coherent idea, so if you, random reader, have the ambition to do it yourself, knock your proverbial self out. It was my idea first though. You just proved it possible/likely. Ha.

So, I stumbled upon this article online.(Did I say I didn't have time to research..?) It told the story of a map maker. An incredibly accurate mapmaker from a time when accurate mapmaking was a bit of an oxymoron. He drew a map of Antarctica and South America and Africa based on other maps that he found that showed Antarctica as it would have been 4000 b.c. Read the article if you are intrigued.

This is the conclusion the article came up with:

Apart from its great historic interest, the map has been alleged to contain details no European could have known in the 1500's, and therefore proves the existence of ancient technological civilizations, visits by extraterrestrials, or both.
Both of these could be possible, I guess, but I would like to throw my theory on the table. Humans from the future (near future, anyone?) overcame the barriers of time and space and went back 6000 years. They already knew how to map things and figure out latitudes and longitudes accurately. They probably got bored with the primitive nature of the humans at the time. They had to do something with their pent-up intelligence, so they drew maps. And then they laughed because they knew that this map would puzzle scientists world-wide for hundreds of years.

I feel the need to qualify my theory. I am not crazy; I am curious and willing to accept unusual solutions to problems. I'm not saying my theory is possible, or even likely. But I'm also not the only person who believes that time travel is the answer to some scientific problems.


No comments: